enter image description here

I wanted to know what kind of stitch is shown in this picture. Can I make it with a brother sewing machine cs6000i?

  • Please post an answer if you have an answer (even if just to the stitch identification part!) – Erica Mar 14 at 2:59
  • Thank you so much for your help, I didn’t had a chance to reply because my internet wasn’t working! – Lily Mar 14 at 5:14
  • One friend told me that maybe it’s a overlook stitch too ! I want to make dog bandana – Lily Mar 14 at 5:16

It is most likely either an overlock stitch or a serger stitch. These are used to finish edges to prevent fraying and give a professional appearance to a sewn item.

The overlock stitch is a combination of a straight stitch and a zigzag. It sews backwards and forwards in a straight line, but between every set of straight stitches, it sews a zigzag. If done correctly, this resembles serging, which is how most store-bought clothes are sewn. (Yesterday's Thimble)

And it looks like there are a few different overlock stitches on the Brother CS6000i! To get that very compressed look as in your example picture, you would want the stitch length to be pretty short in comparison to the width. As always, experiment with a few sample pieces of fabric before you put your final piece through!

  • Also, I want that sewing machine. #jealous ;) – Erica Mar 16 at 18:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.