I have a clear glass mug that I painted several years ago with
Martha Stewart multi-surface craft paint.
I would like to remove the paint as I am no longer in love with the design I made and might even consider re-painting it.
What is the best way to remove this type of paint from glass?
I used the following instructions to set the paint on the mug:
- Allow painted item to dry for 24 hours to be sure all layers of paint have dried.
- Place project in a cool oven, as the glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage; do not place glass in a hot oven.
- Set oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Once temperature has reached 350ºF, allow the project to bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the oven off and let glass cool down completely before removing from the oven.
- Do not use for 72 hours.
Care Instructions Project can be Hand washed, or cleaned in the top rack of a standard, non-commercial dishwasher. Do not use in dishwasher if it has pot scrubbing features or top jets.
Paint is permanent after air drying for 21 days or can be baked to expedite permanence.
Taken from PLAID FAQ "What are the curing instructions for Martha Stewart glass and craft paint?"