I've been looking around on google but can't seem to find anything similar to this:

enter image description here

I'd like to know what is the name of that stitching pattern. This is a Chanel dress made out of cotton (search: "Chanel White Pure Cotton Sleeveless Shift Dress with Flowers"). It is also sold on this website.

I've looked for "tuck" stitching, but it's not quite that.

Can anyone help me on this one? I'd really appreciate it.


2 Answers 2


This looks like filet crochet (aka "filet lace") because of the very regular, very angular squares. The thread seems to be very thin and slightly fluffy / fleecy because you cannot see the individual stitches.

enter image description here
Image source and instruction

enter image description here
Image source, instructions and tips

And Chanel wasn't the first to get the idea of creating a piece of clothing with filet lace, as proven by this page of a 2008 crochet handbook (German):

enter image description here

  • Thank you very much!! What the lady is wearing looks very much like the dress. Your help is very appreciated!
    – thomas
    Apr 21, 2020 at 21:15

Possible knit stitches. From book: Knitting Dictionary 800 stitches & patterns by Margaret Hamilton-Hunt Crown Publishing 1963.

mock Tunisian I more mock Tunisian

Lace: “cellular” cellular knit stitches

You might have luck looking up “open work.” There are a few styles of open work. openwork

Also esparto stitch or honeycombe. esparto honeycombe

Hope these help in your search!


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .