At roughly the timestamp above the architect uses an odd looking metal straightedge and I was wondering what it was called. I thought it was a regular architect's scale at first, but two of the fins are small. I can't make out any brand marks and have so far had no luck finding out what it is.

Have any of you seen something similar?


  • The only thing that seems to match your description is the "ruler/triangle" segment at time 8:50. Is that what you're referring to? I haven't seen one like the one shown there.
    – fixer1234
    Jan 23, 2020 at 20:17
  • Yes, that's what I'm referring to.
    – Why Even
    Jan 23, 2020 at 21:36
  • 2
    Please add an image of the tool you're looking for. Videos can be removed and links can die.
    – Allison C
    Jan 24, 2020 at 19:29

1 Answer 1


It’s a ‘Brown + Sharpe toolmakers knife-edge #530’

In the video he was probably just referring to the second ruler he showed with the bevelled edge.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .