I've been working on a collage with some packaging paper that I received in a shipment from somewhere and I'd like to get some more. There are some pictures of this kind of paper in Google Images and it is referred to as Brown Packaging Paper mesh:

brown packing mesh paper

Wondering whether anyone here might have some suggestions as to how I could get some more of this.

  • Thanks for naming the material. Target ships (2021) items using this brown mesh, but I don’t think they sell it. It seems a bit stretchy & probably expensive. I’m trying to figure out what to make from it that won’t collect dust.
    – Jo blynn
    May 17, 2021 at 20:30

2 Answers 2


When I want larger volumes of packing material, I tend to look to two sources:

  1. Self-storage facilities. A lot of these places offer boxes and other packing/storage material and may offer cardboard options as opposed to traditional bubble wrap.

  2. Self-moving companies like U-haul, amongst others, who can supply a lot of the basic packing and storage material for a move.

Beyond that, office supply like Grand & Toy, Staples, etc. would be next on my list. Actually, given some convenience, they might be first. :)

  • Thanks John, I just haven't seen what seems to be called "mesh" as pictured on Google Images if you search for Brown Packing Paper Mesh. Aug 10, 2016 at 18:59
  • @SteveWilson - I think you may be searching with the wrong terms... staples.com/Caremail-Greenwrap-/product_737645
    – Joanne C
    Aug 10, 2016 at 19:05
  • You might also try shipping companies -- UPS & FedEx bought Kinkos & Mailboxes, Etc, (I don't remember which is which) so now have stores in various shopping centers. (I take my styrofoam peanuts to the UPS store near me)
    – Joe
    Aug 11, 2016 at 18:07

This is the Geami Wrappak by Ranpak industries. It's an ecofriendly packaging solution made of die cut kraft paper and tissue paper.

  • 1
    Do you know where you can get it?
    – rebusB
    Jun 9, 2018 at 20:05

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .