I got this T-shirt at the 2023 JP Morgan Corporate Challenge 5k race.

I really like the fabric and would like to buy more shirts like it but I haven't been able to find an exact match.

I understand that it's a performance type T-shirt but this is a special quality that's not normal to generic performance polyester, and thus haven't been able to find it.

Here are two photos. On the outside is a very light perforation kind of jersey knit, but it's more smooth on the inside.

shirt 1

shirt 2

  • 1
    It's really common on cycling jerseys. I have two here of different brands just like that Some of my gym T-shirts match too. I think the right ones are Hanes brand, and plain colours. And I think that Hanes often supply sportswear to be customised for events.
    – Chris H
    Dec 5, 2023 at 9:19
  • Yes, mine are definitely Hanes. Nike Sphere Dry (I think, the label is quite worn) is/was similar on the outside but more textured on the inside. I meant to get some pictures last night, but left it too late
    – Chris H
    Dec 6, 2023 at 7:48
  • I happened to see this question again when I'm in the right place. The Hanes ones I have are "cool-dri crew neck" and "crew neck sports" and are very similar but the stitching is different, so that's not an ID. Neither are the Nike and Puma tops dare if the same fabric. On the bike stuff, it's some cheap jerseys for commuting, branded adibike and J2X.
    – Chris H
    Dec 10, 2023 at 19:31

1 Answer 1


I think what you have there is a microfibre eyelet Dri-Fit garment.

This weave is often referred to as "eyelet" (or an eyelet fabric), as well as (mock) eyelet. I have not been able to find a distinction between the two yet.

It's similar to Nike's Dri-Fit fabric, and you can find it labelled Dri-Fit, as well.

Dri-Fit, like 'eyelet', refers to a weave, rather than a material, and it is apparently available in microfibre, (regular) polyester, pique, and heather. It does not only refer to the eyelet weave; 'mesh' and 'interlock' alternatives are available as well.

overview of types of related fabrics

You can also find it named cool fit (again, if there is a distinction, it is not clear), and similar microfibre fabrics have that same "eyelet" distinction.
There might be an issue with using the term Dri-Fit, as it is possibly trademarked.

  • "Microfibre" is an annoying term because it means different things in different contexts, and even in the same context (e.g. light/compact towels)
    – Chris H
    Dec 5, 2023 at 9:20
  • 1
    @ChrisH True. I always thought it referred to a typical weave (one that was once lauded for being perfect for cleaning screens, IIRC). But (like the ubiquitous polyester) it is a type of material (or, well, fibre used for materials), apparently with a huge range of applications.
    – Joachim
    Dec 5, 2023 at 9:25

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .