I have a giant unopened bucket of HTR 386 resin, but I don't know what this plastic half-circle thing is on the top of the lid

resin bucket lid

It's surrounded by a solid metal circle, and the plastic half-circles lift up a little at the sides, but that seems to be all.

I've contacted the company, but no response yet.

Does anyone have any ideas?



1 Answer 1


The lid to the pouring spout :) I know them from cans of turpentine. Those two plastic semi-circles can be lifted to give a better grip when unscrewing the lid.

This picture gives a better ...picture:

enter image description here

Most images of versions of the rectangular tin cans that often feature them lead to dead links, so I've not been able to find a name for this kind of plugs yet.

  • 1
    Often you can pull up the lid (still closed) by those half circles.
    – Willeke
    Jan 26, 2023 at 19:52

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .