I bought a pencil extender. It works great for graphite pencils, which are thinner. However, charcoal pencils are too thick for it. How can I use my charcoal pencils when they are too short to hold?


I'll assume you're talking about Conté pencils (Fusain Charcoal, that often come in sets with grey and white Conté).

Caran d'Ache has a pencil extender with a 9 mm diameter, which should be sufficient for those pencils, which are slightly smaller.
You can search for 'FixPencil 0012' or 'CARAN 12.009' (e.g. here).

And there are generic brand double-ended pencil extenders that allow up to 10 mm here.

  • 1
    Thank you very much for your answer. But I meant that charcoal pencils are too 'fat'. There is no way they can fit. Do you know about pencil holders for 'fatter' pencils? Jun 17 at 21:05
  • 1
    Thanks, @Curiousmind, I skimmed your question apparently. I updated my answer: is this helpful?
    – Joachim
    Jun 17 at 23:25
  • 1
    That's just perfect. Thank you very much! Jun 18 at 18:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.