This post about sewing tubes without a presser foot or feed dogs suggests using a specialized machine.

What is the second machine in Elmy's answer here called?


"Feed-off-the-arm sewing machines – A feed off the arm sewing machine’s design is unusual in that its arm bridges a u-shaped bed. Such machines are ideal for seaming the inseams of pants and jeans as well as the sides, sleeves, and shoulders of shirts."


  • And in the OP's case, a three- or triple needle one.
    – Joachim
    Apr 9 at 20:45
  • @Joachim for my purposes I really want a generic home machine (lockstitch, zig zig) with a really long arm. Several models are available as well as cylinder bed, lockstitch, zig zag units. Apr 10 at 13:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.