Arts & Crafts is for artists and crafters, from professionals to hobbyists, who are interested in creating handmade, tangible works.
We welcome specific questions about a variety of arts and crafts, and the techniques involved.
The following topics are welcome on our site:
- Tool usage, upkeep and selection
- Material selection and usage
- Asking for clarification of a specific tutorial step ("why isn't this working?" or "what do these instructions mean?")
- Attributes of different media and how they interact
- Proper media storage and preservation
The following subjects are considered off-topic for our site:
- Asking for inspiration ("What craft can I do with ...?")
- Broad questions like "where do I start", or requesting a tutorial for a larger project
- Discussion or critique of works, whether your own or another artist's
- Product and service recommendations ("Where can I get [product]?" or "Where can I find someone who does [service] in [area]?")
- Art history and art appreciation related questions
- Identification of artists and artworks
Even when your question's subject is on-topic, it might still be too subjective, broad, open-ended, or otherwise difficult to answer and not appropriate for this platform. Please check these guidelines to make sure your question is none of those.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Arts & Crafts Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.